The Windsock is used to indicate the wind direction and intenisty to helicopter operator. Every heliport must be provided with one Windsock, if the Landing area is used also by night, the windosck must be lighted. The correct installation for the Windsock is in a place where it is easily visible and where it is not too close to the landing area.
The windsock mast is made from fiberglass and it’s frangibility certified to ICAO requirements. The windsock is affixed to a stainless steel frame which rotates 360 degrees and can be lit internally using a compact LED light source.
- Sock material: Polyester or Nylon
- Sock dimensions: 250, 300, 450, 600 or 900 mm
- Mast material: fiberglass, aluminium or stainless steel
- Mast height: on request
- Sock colour: ORANGE / WHITE / RED / RED&WHITE stripes
- Designed to be visible from up to 200m above
- Available formats fixed version, fully frangible version, collapsible version or frangible+collapsible version