The Windsock is used to indicate the wind direction and intenisty to helicopter operator. Every heliport must be provided with one Windsock, if the Landing area is used also by night, the windosck must be lighted. The correct installation for the Windsock is in a place where it is easily visible and where it is not too close to the landing area.
The windsock mast is made from fiberglass and it’s frangibility certified to ICAO requirements. The windsock is affixed to a stainless steel frame which rotates 360 degrees and can be lit internally using a compact LED light source.
- Sock material: Polyester
- Sock dimensions: 2,4m long x 0,60m throat diameter x 0,30m tail diameter
- Mast material: fiberglass
- Mast height: max. 3m
- Sock colour: ORANGE/WHITE/RED&WHITE stripes
- Designed to be visible from up to 200m above
- Fully frangible (as per ICAO requirement)
- Available formats: - FAA Type L806 Style I-B, size 1: Ø45cm - L: 2,5m - h: max 3m; // ICAO Ø60cm - L: 2,4m - h: max 3m. Full 360° limitless rotation